While we can enjoy most of the benefits from the Spotify free version, a few worthy features make Spotify premium superior. One such feature is the download option. This means you can download your favourite songs to your device to listen offline later. While users enjoy these traits, sometimes it shows errors like Spotify waiting to download local files. If you are getting a similar issue, remember that you are not the only one, and there are fixes that work in all cases. In this post, we will look into reasons and fixes for Spotify waiting to download local files.
Reasons Behind Spotify Local Files Waiting To Download
Many applications seldom suffer minor glitches for various reasons. Spotify waiting to download local files is one of them for Spotify. We can analyse fixes only after knowing the probable reasons behind them. In this accord, let us look into various reasons behind this issue:
Most of the issues that arise in apps like Spotify are mostly due to internet issues. Therefore, if you face Spotify local files waiting to download, check if the network connections are all right and needed speed is ensured.
Spotify offers all its premium users to download upto 10,000 songs across 5 devices for each account. Sometimes overload of these songs or too many songs to download at a time may lead to these issues.
Too many ads (in the free version) and cache can occupy space, thus leading to issues like Spotify local files waiting to download. Clearing space from cache can sometimes fix it.
Fixes For Spotify Waiting To Download Local Files Issue
Comprehending probable reasons can help us make fixes that can work. Here are some fixes for Spotify waiting to download local files.
Fix 1: Checking and clearing Downloads
As depicted in the previous lines, Spotify premium offers a limit of about 10,000 songs to download. If you are facing this issue, you may need to check and remove downloaded songs to clear some memory. For this, you may ask: how to remove local files from Spotify. Let us look into how is it done in the following lines:
- Step 1: Launch the Spotify app on your phone.
- Step 2: On the home page, tap on Library at the bottom of your screen.
- Step 3: Now, in the list of albums, select one which you want to remove from downloads.
- Step 4: In the album screen, find the download toggle button and toggle it off.
- Step 5: Confirm to remove in the dialogue box.
Fix 2: Clear The Storage (Cache) From The Device
Clearing cache can solve the the issue in some cases since too many ads and cache can overload the app. Here’s how you can clear cache in Spotify:
- Step 1: Launch the Spotify app on your device.
- Step 2: Tap on the setting icon on the top-right side of the home screen.
- Step 3: Scroll down to find Storage options and click on Clear cache.
- Step 4: In the new dialogue box that appears, tap on Clear Cache.
Now you have successfully cleared the cache, check if the issue is resolved.
FIX 3: Reset Network settings
As discussed in the previous lines, network issues can be a common reason for Spotify waiting to download local files issues. You can effortlessly alter network preferences in Spotify. Here’s how you can do it:
- Step 1: Launch the Spotify app on your device.
- Step 2: Click on settings on the top-right side of your screen.
- Step 3: In the settings, screen scroll down to find Download Using Cellular and toggle on it. This way, you can play and download songs on cellular data too.
FIX 4: Check and remove Devices connected
Spotify premium offers a single account to be used from upto five devices. Exceeding this limit can bring about issues like Spotify waiting to download local files. Thus, you may need to check the number of devices connected to resolve the same. Here; show you can check and alter removed devices:
- Step 1: Launch Spotify on your device.
- Step 2: Click on settings on the top-right corner of your home screen.
- Step 3: Scroll down the settings list to find Devices and tap on it.
- Step 5: Now, you can see the devices your account is connected to. Scroll down and select the three dots menu on the device which you need to remove.
- Step 6: In the new screen that appears, click on Forget Device to remove that device.
Summing Up With Insights
Here you go! Various fixes to resolve Spotify waiting to download local files issue are elucidated. We are sure these fixes will solve your issue. Apart from these, you may also try updating or reinstalling the Spotify app to get a refreshing and smooth interface away from these issues. If you are using a PC, then an antivirus firewall can limit the operation of Spotify, thus leading to such errors. Try Disabling an antivirus firewall or make Spotify an exception to resolve these issues. Finally, don’t forget to check out your phone space. Clear some space in case of memory constraints.