When you want to take notes of something in less time, a voice memo feature can be a great idea. After making a note from it or if it is no longer required, users may delete it from their phone. But what if they want it back? Thankfully, iCloud backups everything for 30 days, giving a chance to recover. Now, the question is how to recover voice memos from iCloud? If you are looking for it, this blog is ready to clear your doubts. Read through the article to get relished with answers.
Can you recover voice memos from iCloud?
One of the most crucial roles of iCloud is to backup data to get back here in case of data loss. In the case of voice memos as well, iCloud can be assistive. Just like any other files like images, videos, and documents, iCloud also saves Backup or can be used to store voice memos as well. So, whenever you may ask How to recover voice memos from iCloud, it is possible. Speaking about it broadly, there can be two ways: ny doing it manually or using a third-party app. We will check out all of these in the coming lines.
How to recover voice memos from iCloud manually?
Users can try restoring voice memos on their device by erasing some content and then again synchronizing it with iCloud to refresh the content. This process is straightforward and can be done anytime. Here, let us see how is this done in detail:
- Step 1: Check the Settings app on your phone and tap on it to open.
- Step 2: Tap on General on the settings screen.
- Step 3: In the general settings screen, scroll down to find and tap on Reset.
- Step 4: Now, tap on Erase All content and settings.
- Step 5: Now, you can restore memos. Go to Apps and Data in your settings.
- Step 6: In this screen, find and choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
Once the Backup is done, you may restart your phone to ensure proper access. Note that this procedure is related to the internet. Therefore, don’t disconnect the internet in between. This way, some data may be lost or maybe skipped to download.
How to recover voice memos Using Third-party apps
While the above-stated method is working, it may be challenging for those people who have a lot of data. This is because more data takes a long time to synchronize. So, if you are looking for How to recover voice memos from iCloud but don’t want to clear content from the phone, you may choose a third-party app for this. One best example is the Voice Memos app. Let us see how can we use this app for free painlessly:
- Step 1: Procure the Voice memos app from the app store and install it on your device.
- Step 2: Launch the app and find the Chevron Icon on the top-left corner of the screen. Tap on it.
- Step 3: You can see the Recently Deleted folder; tap on it to access deleted content.
- Step 4: Find the memo that you are looking for and tap on it.
- Step 5: Tap on edit to enter the selection menu.
- Step 6: Go to the picks that you want and tap on Recover.
How to recover voice memos from the iCloud website?
If you are looking for a straightforward method how for recovering voice memos from iCloud, you can directly go to the iCloud site and access your content. This way, the content can be accessed on other devices like iPad, MAC, or any other device as well. Here is how you can do it:
- Step 1: Open your favorite browser and navigate to the iCloud site.
- Step 2: Enter your login credential to access content on your iCloud storage.
- Step 3: Once the dashboard is opened, find and choose Notes.
- Step 4: You can see a recently deleted folder; navigate to it.
- Step 5: Once opened, you can see a list of recently deleted memos; you can recover multiple of your choice.
If you have accidentally deleted a voice memo or want access to recently deleted ones, now we think you know what needs to be done. By knowing how to recover voice memos from iCloud while you know how to restore, note that iCloud can only serve you with the past 30 days of deleted data only. So, you may need to take a call within 30 days of deleting the content. Recovery can be possible on any device like MAC and iPad, too; this may add to your convenience.