If you are looking for how to react to a message on Instagram, you are at the right place. In this post, we will answer all your queries, like how do I react to a message on Instagram in detail.
Right from its inception in 2010, Instagram managed to take a special place in all social media users. The excitement is retained with constant updates with features for at least every couple of years. When it was acquired by Facebook, the updates made it a convenient app. One of the enticing features recently introduced is the message reactions.
If you are looking to know how to react to a message on Instagram, you may need to check out this post till the end.
What is the React Feature in Instagram?
After Instagram was acquired by Facebook, lots of enticing changes were made to the site. Features like reels, emojis, and reactions become almost an instant success. Reactions, as we all know, are emojis replies to the message conveying our feelings towards it. It became popular on Instagram like the same on other sites like Facebook.
How to react to DMs on Instagram in Mobile App?
Being aware of the reaction feature on Instagram, users are enticed to know more about it and the process to use it. It is very simple. Here is how you can react to a message with default emojis. The same is the procedure for how to laugh react on Instagram too.
- Step 1: Navigate to the Instagram app on your mobile and click on it to open.
- Step 2: Go to messages on the top-right side of the home screen.
- Step 3: Scroll down and find the conversion whose message you want to react to and tap on it to open.
- Step 4: Navigate to the message what you want to react to and long-press on that to see a list of emojis popping up.
- Step 5: Now, choose the emoji of your choice, and the reaction will be updated instantly.
- Step 6: If you want to add custom emojis, you may need to click on the plus symbol on the right-most side of the bar.
- Step 7: Now tap on Customize.
- Step 8: Now, you see a list of emojis to choose from. Select the picks you want to see in the default list, and you are set to use them from now on.
How To React To Instagram Messages On PC?
Instagram is one of the few social media sites that was launched for the use of iPhones; only later did it become popular in android and other devices. Later, the site was allowed to be accessed on the PC as well to increase the versatility. However, the site is always phone-friendly. The missout of some features in the PC version may prove the same. Woefully, there is no reaction feature enabled on PC, which means you can only reply with emojis if you want to give a response.
Double Click to like- How to Change it?
As a part of the reaction feature, you can instantly like a message on Instagram by simply double-clicking on it. Being intriguing, users can also change the reaction of the double click as per their choice. Here is how you can do it:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Instagram app on your mobile and tap on it to open.
- Step 2: Go to the chat and the message that you want to react to.
- Step 3: Long press the message to access emojis to react.
- Step 4: Tap on the ‘+’ icon to access other emojis.
- Step 5: Choose the right emoji you feel, and this will be selected as the default emoji replacing the heart icon.
Now, when you double click the message, the new emoji appears below it.
Not able to react: Here is the Fix
Having comprehended the way to react, you would have tried the same. In case you are not able to do it, the most probable reason behind it would be that your app is not up to date. The reaction feature was not available on Instagram in the previous versions. Thus if you need this feature, you may need to update your Instagram app. Here is how you can upgrade:
- Step 1: Navigate to the app store on your phone and tap on it to open.
- Step 2: In the search bar, search for Instagram.
- Step 3: Tap on the Instagram app in the list of options that pops up.
- Step 4: You can see two options: update and uninstall. Tap on Update and sit back for it to download and install.
Here you Go! Now, you know how to react to a message on Instagram. Reacting in social media apps are often easy and handy. Users may just need to know how to operate them. Making changes in the reactions is too easy on Instagram. The process for the same is also provided in the post for your comprehension.