Spotify has become one of the largest music listening platforms around the globe.
You can listen to podcasts, music, stories, and more with the help of Spotify. However, some users of this app are facing an error in which their friend activity is not updating on Spotify. And in this post, we will try to fix Spotify Friend Activity Not Updating Error.
So, let’s get started.
What is Spotify friend activity?
Spotify friend activity is nothing but a feature by which you can see which music tracks your friend is playing in the current time.
It would help you easily find quality tracks that you should listen to.
How to enable Spotify friend activity?
To see your friend activity on Spotify, you first have to make friends on Spotify.
You can easily connect your Spotify account to your Facebook account to add your friends to Spotify.
- Also, to see their activity, you should have to follow them first.
- After that, you have to enable the friend activity option in Spotify.
- And here is a short tutorial on how to do it:
- First, click on the profile dropdown link on the top and click on the settings.
- After that, go to the display settings and turn this setting on.
And on the right sidebar, you would see your friend’s activity like which track they are playing, when they were last active, and more.
How to fix Spotify friend activity not updating error?
In recent times many Spotify users have been facing the problem that their friend activity is not updating inside their Spotify app. Also, it has been mostly found with the users using the Spotify mobile application, and very few people have faced this problem on their desktop applications. But the good thing is that Spotify has actually responded to this question and given some possible fixes to this problem.
Here are some things that you can do if Spotify friend activity is not updating:
- If this problem is there just for one of your friends, then unfollow and follow him/her back it would surely solve the problem
- Uninstall and install the Spotify smartphone application again, and if on desktop, try to log out and then log in.
- You might have hidden the friend whose activity you can’t see on Spotify. If this is the case, then unhide him/her from settings, and you will surely start seeing their activity.
- Do verify if the Spotify application is updated or not, and also check if your smartphone or desktop OS is updated or not.
Along with all these fixes, you can see this video to know more fixes of this problem:
Over to you!
The issue of friend’s activity not updating in Spotify has been there for a long time. Recently it was encountered in the Spotify desktop app in September. However, that problem is now fixed. Tell me in the comment box do you face the problem of friend activity not updating in your Spotify app? Also, please share this blog post on social media so it can reach more people. Thanks in advance❤❤