May it be Twitter or any other platform, if you cannot access your account, you can either change your password or delete it. However, can you delete your Twitter account without even logging into your account? Let us check out how this is done in this blog.
Not everyone is a fan of Twitter. While some use it for entertainment, some use it for information and news. Some people often leave their Twitter accounts untouched for months and years together. Later, when they have to access their account, they often forget their passwords and lose Access to the same.
As depicted in the previous lines, you can make new passwords in these cases; Interestingly, You can also delete your account to create a fresh one. Consequently, many such users asked questions like How to delete an Old Twitter Account you Cannot Access. If you are looking for the answer for the same, check out this post till the very end.
Points to look Before You Delete your Twitter
You may need to ensure a few things before you may look for deleting your old inaccessible accounts. For instance, if you want to change the user name, there is no need to delete it. Twitter offers users relevant options to change the username effortlessly. Further, if you want to get rid of certain accounts, you can just block these tweets instead of deleting your account. Thus, be sure if you really need to delete your account.
How To Delete Your Twitter Account, Which You Cannot Access?
The easiest way to delete your account is by logging in and requesting to delete. However, without a password, you cannot have that Access. Therefore, you can change the password by choosing the Forgot Password option, then log in to your account to delete it permanently. Here is how you can do this:
- Step 1: Open your favourite browser on your device and navigate to Twitter.
- Step 2: On the login page, click on Forgot password since you forgot/don’t know it.
- Step 3: Enter your email or phone number to receive an OTP.
- Step 4: Enter the username you have on Twitter to verify.
- Step 5: Verify yourself by entering the OTP and entering the new password.
- Step 6: Now that you are ready to login in, enter your credentials to enter Twitter.
- Step 7: On the homepage, tap on the three dots icon to see a loss of the item, tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Step 8: Choose Your account; now, you can see an option known as Deactivate your account; click on it.
How To Delete A Twitter Account Without Logging In?
To interact and contact on Twitter, you should be using an account for sure. However, if you don’t want to login into your account for the same, you can choose to enter into some other account to request the same. For this, you need to have an account of a friend or family who believes in you to share their personal credentials. If you are ready with the same, following the below stated steps can lead to our goals:
- Step 1: Take the credentials of your friends to enter these into twitter to login into their account.
- Step 2: Navigate to the File a report option and request Twitter to terminate the account.
- Step 3: To ensure, enter your credentials of the account your want to delete along with your ID.
- Step 4: Confirm the request to ensure that the request is genuine.
Can You Retrieve The Deleted Accounts In Twitter?
Twitter, fortunately, offers a chance to people who deleted their accounts to retrieve back. It probably believes in accidental deletion. Any users who have deactivated/ deleted their account within 30 days. When a user requests the deletion, Twitter actually freezes the account for 30 days from tweets and posts before it deletes it permanently.
Thus if you want to retrieve your deleted account back, you can do it within 30 days to avoid missing it permanently.
Can Others Still See Your Tweets After Deleting Your Account?
Once the account in Twitter is deleted or deactivated, no one can see their pasts until the account is retrieved. However, search results and other places can still have traces of these old posts. Thus if you want to delete your account and don’t want others to see any of your old tweets, you can either manually delete all the tweets before deleting or deleting search results from search engines can also work.
Here you are, which means you got to know How to delete an Old Twitter Account you Cannot Access. While you can do it by login into your account or any other account, make sure if you really want to delete it. Since the deleted account cannot be retrieved after 30days, ensure at least to back up crucial information in the safe palace you proceed to delete. Creating a new account is easy; however, making changes in the present account is yet easier.