Fallout New Vegas Infinite Loading Screen error is common among its users. Fallout New Vegas is a Role-playing game developed by Bethesda Game Studios as part of the Fallout franchise. A decent RPG provides players with a range of choices and gimmicks to use to get the most enjoyment out of it. It is something that Fallout: New Vegas excels at.
Most of Role Playing Video games like Fallout need the best reflexes to play the game efficiently, you can also fix your reflexes and improve them with tools like APM Test.
Set in Southern Nevada, three great powers are vying for control of the city of New Vegas and Hoover Dam. In many ways, Fallout New Vegas is superior to the earlier Fallout games; for example, it is set in a large environment rather than a limited one; Fallout Vegas allows you access to the whole world. However, the game had to eliminate a significant amount of content, resulting in limitations, although exploring New Vegas is still a blast.
Fallout New Vegas has numerous branching pathways and multiple methods to finish some questlines; hence it quickly became the most popular Fallout version among players. It also contains some of the best writing found in the fallout series.
However, this game, like others, has its share of flaws. Many gamers have claimed that when they try to load the game, they get an error Fallout new vegas infinite loading screen and here we will learn fix for this error.
Infinite loading screen in Fallout New Vegas, and what causes it?
If you’re new to Fallout, you might be wondering why your system has encountered this error and is preventing your game from launching. Several factors can trigger this issue, but the most crucial ones are listed below.
- Frequently, your system will experience problems or random glitches while launching the game, stopping the game from loading. In this situation, you can try loading a different save or restarting the game after you’ve completed it.
- Too many mods can also cause this issue; many players use multiple mods simultaneously, and some of these mods may not be compatible with each other or malfunction. In this scenario, it is recommended that you restart your game after deactivating the mods and then enable them one at a time.
- Damage to the game’s integrity can cause this problem, which you can resolve by using a Steam launcher and checking all of the game’s files. After that, check to see if the problem is still there.
- One of the most common causes of any form of disruption in your gaming experience is the building of cache data. As a result, you can erase the cache data on your Xbox console to see if the error has been resolved.
- It’s conceivable that your game stored a corrupted file due to the Autosave feature, and you can’t load it right now. As a result, you can turn it off and restart the game. If that doesn’t work, try manually saving the game when it’s turned off.
- Downloadable content, or components in console games that aren’t part of the main game but may be downloaded separately, can take significantly longer to load than typical, increasing the loading time of your game. You can address this by limiting the amount of content to be loaded.
Fixes for Infinite loading screen in Fallout New Vegas
We’ve now learned everything to know about the possible sources of this problem. Are you one of the players that had the same problem? Then you’ve arrived at the right place. With the remedies listed below, you’ll be able to get back to playing your favorite game in no time.
Start a Fresh Game
One of the most efficient options is starting a new game, pausing it, and navigating to your saved file. To repair this bug, follow the procedures outlined below:
- You might see various options on the Fallout home screen. Instead of continuing, choose New Game.
- While saving this file, avoid overwriting any previously saved files.
- After the game has begun, press the pause option and then ‘Esc.’
- Choose Load Game from the options drop-down menu, then load your previously saved game.
- Examine whether the fallout loading screen error has been fixed.
Make sure your game files aren’t corrupt
As previously stated, if your game files are missing or corrupted, you can use Steam Launcher to verify and maintain the integrity of your game, as it includes an integrated option for doing so.
- After Steam has launched, you will notice a Library option at the top of your screen, which you should select.
- Choose properties from that list after right-clicking on the Fallout New Vegas option.
- Next, go to the top of the screen, click Local files, and then the Verify Integrity Of Game Files option.
- Wait until the process is finished to see if the loading screen error has been addressed.
Try to Clear the Cache data of your system
The easiest yet most successful approach is to clear cache data, which has worked for millions of players worldwide.
- After entering your Xbox’s home screen, look for the Settings option on the screen and select Storage under System Settings.
- Now, from your device controller, press Y.
- You’ll notice a pop-up menu; select Clear System Cache from Device Options and yes when prompted for permission.
- Wait till the procedure is finished.
If the fallout loading screen hasn’t been fixed yet, you can try the other solutions indicated below.
Tweak Resolution of your game
Having a different in-game resolution than your monitor resolution can cause your screen to take longer to load. Many people have reported that the problem went away after changing the resolution.
- Go to Display Settings in the Options menu once your game has launched.
- You’ll notice a resolution option on this page. Set the resolution to the same as your monitor’s.
- To check the resolution of your monitor, right-click on the desktop home screen and select Display Settings from the menu that appears. From there, select the Resolution Section and check the resolution setting.
In the FalloutNV.ini file, increase the iPreloadSizeLimit value
- Start your PC and locate the FalloutNv folder. Go to My PC > Documents > my games.
- Locate the FalloutNv file with the ini extension after you’ve reached the FalloutNv folder. Choose ‘OpenWith’ from the context menu when you right-click it.
- To open the file in Notepad, select Notepad from the drop-down list of options.
- After your file opens in Notepad, hold down the Ctrl and F keys simultaneously.
- A pop-up window will appear; in the search box, type iPreloadSizeLimit. Press the Enter key.
- Adjust the number to 52428800.
- Please wait until it’s finished, then hit the Ctrl and S keys together to save your modifications.
- Check to see whether the issue has been solved.
Delete the Fallout.ini file
- Use the search icon on the taskbar to look for This PC on your computer. Open the documents section by clicking it.
- Then, under the My Games folder, choose the Fallout folder.
- Navigate to the files titled FalloutPref and Fallout.ini once you’ve opened the Fallout Folder.
- Copy the contents of the Fallout.ini file by right-clicking on it.
- Paste the content into a new notepad file and save it.
- Copy/paste the contents of FalloutPref into the same file.
- Once you’ve finished, delete the Fallout.ini file and rename the new file to the same name.
Check if the bug is fixed, and if it hasn’t, you can move on to the following alternatives.
Save your game in a folder that isn’t too packed
If you save your game in excessively full or crowded folders, this problem can also occur. When your game files are saved in an overcrowded folder, you must look around and work with what you have, which increases the loading duration of your game, resulting in the fallout infinite loading screen issue. To avoid this, store your file manually in a folder with the least traffic. You can also request that any of your friends save the file on their computers.
Try Disabling/Enabling Mods
Using several mods in any game is bound to cause problems. As a result, deactivating the mods will aid in the proper operation of your game. You can try disabling all the mods you’re using and then re-enabling them one by one to locate the one that’s broken. Once you’ve identified the incorrect mod, you can disable or remove it entirely to prevent the loading screen error from occurring in your game.
Try keeping your game’s downloadable content to a minimum
DLCs are independent downloads, and if any of them takes more than 20 MB to download instead of the usual 500-900Kb, the loading screen takes significantly longer to load than usual, resulting in this error. To avoid this, load only two or less than 2 DLCs per playthrough to keep the file size small.
Disable the Auto-save feature
Because of the Auto-save feature, your game may occasionally save a corrupted file. You can solve the problem by turning it off and manually saving your game. Under Game Settings, go to the Gameplay tab and turn off the Auto-save option.
Above listed options might emerge as fix mod for the Fallout new vegas infinite loading screen error. Have fun with your gaming night, folks!